“Urban camping” at Johnson’s Beach offers the summertime fun of a Russian River campground all within easy walking distance to Guerneville’s charming downtown. Located on 3.5 acres of privately owned land, the Johnson’s Beach campground features 37 tent camping spots overlooking the Russian River. Broad-limbed sycamore and black walnut trees provide a shady retreat from the sun-drenched beach area during the daytime, and our hillside vantage point provides a beautiful nighttime view of the moon and the stars reflected on the river.
Please note that Johnson’s Beach no longer accommodates RVs or trailers of any sort.
2 night minimum, 3 on long weekends and special events.
- Individual and Group Tent Camping Sites (No RV’s or trailers)
- Picnic Table at Each Camping Site
- Fire Pit for Campfires
- River Access
- Dedicated Parking Spot Next to Each Site
- Bathrooms Available 24 Hours for Registered Guests with Key
- Coin-Op Hot Showers
- Coin-Op Laundry On-Site
- Observation Deck
- Camp Host
Forgot something? Don’t worry. Johnson’s Beach offers firewood, sunscreen, insect repellent, water and other items for sale.
- Valid driver’s license required at check-in for primary guest.
- 50% due at time of booking with the balance due at check-in.
Acceptable Forms of Payment
- We accept all major credit cards. We do not accept cash or checks for deposits or payment of accommodations.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in time is daily from 3pm to 9pm.
- For late arrivals after 9pm, please contact Johnson’s Beach in advance. Call (707) 869-2022.
- Check-out time is 11am.
- Reservation may be canceled up to 14 days prior to the first night (cancelation period) of your reserved stay and is subject to a $20 cancelation fee.
- Cancelations not made within the cancelation period will result in the forfeiture of the first night’s stay.
- We regret to inform that we have a no refund policy on early departures or unused nights.
- No shows will be charged for the entire duration of the booking.
- For our cabins, 2 guests maximum (including children) in our ‘kitchenette’ cabins, 4 guests maximum (including children) in our ‘sleeper’ cabins.
- For our campsites, 2 guests are included in rate. Additional guests require a charge of $5 per person/per day with a maximum of 4 guests per site (including children).
- Please call for guidelines for our group camp site.
- Children under 12 must be supervised by an adult at all times.
Damage and Missing Items
- Any damaged or missing items in cabins or campsites will be the responsibility of the registered guest. Credit card of registered guest will be charged for any missing or damaged items.
Excessive Cleaning and Excessive Garbage Fees
- If cabins are left extremely dirty, guests may be charged an additional cleaning fee.
- If garbage or trash is left on the campsite or improperly disposed of on the campground, guests may be charged an additional garbage fee.
- Fees will be charged to the credit card of registered guest.
Smoking, E-cigarettes, and Candles
- For the comfort and safety of our guests all cabins and decks are entirely smoke-free. Violation of this policy will result in a $300 charge which will be charged to the credit card of registered guest.
- No pets.
- No weapons or firearms.
- Please respect your neighbors. By County Ordinance, noise must be kept at a non-disruptive level between 10pm and 9am, and outdoor amplified sound is not permitted at any time.